Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**

Go down 
+2
Kugelspot
13 stitches
6 posters
AuthorMessage
13 stitches

13 stitches

Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** Empty
PostSubject: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:23 pm

I am about to buy a Kalher 7410 Tremolo to have it installed on my spector rebop bass . I notice it said to install on flat body basses but my rebop is like a lady it has a curved body. will this be a problem ? And will the 2400 replacment parts work with the 7410 , if there is a problem ? Can anyone answer these questions?
thanks alot
13 sttitches

http://www.myspace.com/chadslonemusic

Last edited by 13 stitches on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Welcome to the board man! Its great to find another Spector fan on here. I had a Kahler installed on mine also:

Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** Photo27

I really hope you didn't buy it already, because the 7410 won't fit. There isn't enough room between the saddles and the bridge pickup. You'll need to get one of these. Yes, they cost a bit more, but its totally worth it. Also, the curved top won't be a problem. It just means you'll need to get it counter sunk. But I've gotta warn you MAKE SURE WHOEVER DOES THE COUNTERSINKING KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING! I happened to get lucky with mine, but make sure whoever you take it to has done this before, and isn't some hack who'll screw up your bass.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 am

Kugelspot wrote:
MAKE SURE WHOEVER DOES THE COUNTERSINKING KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

This, take this to heart.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Welcome to the board, 13! Wink

Indeed, countersinking is a must-do on most basses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Wow KS your bass looks so rad...

Welcome to the board, 13.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:39 pm

yeah ... those spectors have a lot of real estate for a forward saddle trem.
Back to top Go down
13 stitches

13 stitches

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Kugelspot wrote:
Welcome to the board man! Its great to find another Spector fan on here. I had a Kahler installed on mine also:

I really hope you didn't buy it already, because the 7410 won't fit. There isn't enough room between the saddles and the bridge pickup. You'll need to get one of these. Yes, they cost a bit more, but its totally worth it. Also, the curved top won't be a problem. It just means you'll need to get it counter sunk. But I've gotta warn you MAKE SURE WHOEVER DOES THE COUNTERSINKING KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING! I happened to get lucky with mine, but make sure whoever you take it to has done this before, and isn't some hack who'll screw up your bass.

you were right it didn't fit
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:56 am

oh i get it ... the 7410 didnt fit.

personally ... i'de just prefer a 7410 and i'de move the pickup ... but thats just me ....

and the info you state still doesnt jive.
Back to top Go down
13 stitches

13 stitches

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Kugelspot wrote:

does your bass have some of the already routed out from the old brigde showing with the kahler installed ? Or was your able to hide it ?
They called me and said some of the old part of the route will show because the oringinal bridge is wider. What did you do to hide that ?
Have you got a close up pic of the brigde
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Well, there's a bit of exposed routing on it, about half a cm on each side. I'm guessing thats what its from. Its not really noticable though. Don't let it stop you. You don't really need to do anything to cover it up. In fact, anything you try will probably make it worse
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:26 pm

when i do a rout (recessed) i have about 1/32 - 1/16" around the sides of exposed wood between the kahler base and the finish. you can also see the exposed wood in the pocket and top right thru the kahler. after i finish routing, fitting and setting up the kahler, i take it off, mask out the bass and spray the newly exposed wood with some flat black spraypaint. this looks good because i use black kahlers, but on a light colored or natural wood bass or with a chrome or gold trem ... i dont think iddid look as good. ... try some stain or to match the original finish color.

fact of the matter is ... i havent seen any aftermarket kahler install that is 100% cosmeticly perfect, except for the pix of the install on that ken smith that eric has.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Lets be clear on that, MadMike. I only have a picture of the Ken Smith, and not the actual bass itself. Wink

You Guys have all seen my own hack jobs, and I definitely have some space between the trem and the pocket. But again, and this is my own thing, I don't care about the goof-ups. My bass is my bass, and if anyone wants to critisize me for my hack jobs, then I say, bring it. I honestly don't give a rats arse because I know that, at the end of the day, I make it work. My bass does what I want it to do, when I want it to do it. And if that means it looks a little beat-up, then so what? The last I checked, artists aren't judged on their abilities to make pretty guitars, but more on the music they produce.

Forgive me. I've had some wine tonight. clown
Back to top Go down
13 stitches

13 stitches

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:35 pm

I have my kahler installed on my spector now . i love it... will post some pics soon Here they are:

Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** Img_1013

Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** Img_1014

Last edited by 13 stitches on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Yay! Another satisfied convert to our crazy little cult of bass trems! cheers
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 pm

Awright! cheers
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 am

seems like you went down the same path as most have ... the path is a little rocky and bumpy, but the destination is achivable and well worth the ride. the bass trem fanatics board tries to be the shock absorbers.

glad you got your bass done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**   Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS** Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing a kalher 7410 on a spector rebop 4 string **Update w/PICS**
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Bass Tremolo Family :: Kahler-
Jump to: