Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Bowl XLIV!

Go down 
+2
tekkentool
EricHaven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Gonna be a quiet day around the board today, me thinks. Wink

I'm not sure who I want to win today. On the one hand, I've always admired Peyton Manning and the Colts. On the other, it's really cool that the Saints are in their first Super Bowl ever, and I think it would be nice for them to win it after they took such a beating from Hurricane Katrina.

Either way, it should be a great game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
tekkentool

tekkentool

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:10 pm

there's quite a lot of hyperbole about the superbowl...it must be a very big deal up there yes?
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm

like an american holiday.

i'm a baseball fan tho.

but congrats to the saints. they played a great game!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Indeed, it is!

And WHOOP! The Saints were AWESOME! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey what did you guys think of the Who's halftime show? Personally, I REALLY wish they'd break up. A lot of people are saying "hey man, they're like 60. I wish I was rocking that hard when I'm that old!" But thats beside the point. They are WAY past their prime. Age is irrelevent. There isn't a set age where you can say "OK, you're too old." Despite being the same age as the Who, the Stones are still good. Lemmy is still f***ing AMAZING. Bruce Springsteen is still good (though he's a few years younger). Hell, Les Paul was touring a year before he died, and he was supposed to be quite good even at that age.

However, the Who should not keep going. They are a band who were really based on the young rebelling against the old. But the line "teenage wasteland" just doesn't hold the same weight coming from a man who's over 60. And I can't take "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" seriously coming from a band who's guitarist races yachts in his free time. Plus, half the band is dead, and the more talented half at that.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

i found the who entertaining at halftime. i think the stones and tom petty have definately put on better halftime shows. i think seeing the who onstage was entertaining not because it was a musical achievement (cause it wasnt), but it was entertaining because ... it the friggin who! they coulda got up there and stunk up the set (and they werent far off) and gotten away with still being cool ... just cause its the who.

growing up my first two rock bands i was a fan of were zeppelin and the who ... so even tho they are old, slow and crusty ... it was the who.

sorry ... pete's still got some entertaining musical talent. with the right band backing him, he could definately go out and do a solo tour. definately not as sharp a guitar player as he used to be.

sorry ... daltry just overdid it when he was 20 - 30 something. theres no way he could pull off those screams, yellls and high notes like he used to. robert plant, yes. daltry, no. robert plant still cool, yes. daltry still cool, not really. strange ... daltry has some other talents like theater and acting, dont know why he doesnt do some of that.

so i'm wonderin, after the clothing malfunction, the nfl and participating networks have revamped the halftime show and focused on more classic rock performances. so speaking of the who ... tom petty, areosmith, mccartney, stones ... whos old bones are they gonna roll out there next? who's left? revamp boston maybe? please ... no bruce springsteen! george thorogood would be cool. genesis (i heard they arent talking)? rush would be awesome!

somethin is tellin me we're gonna see jay z up there soon. ugg.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Yeah, they might not have the same fire that they did when they were younger. But I always admire guys that keep going, even if it's just once in a while. I mean, I don't think they tour regularly anymore, and I enjoyed seeing them again. Sure, John and Keith are both long gone, but what the heck? It was just the one time, right?

Ronnie James Dio is still going strong, even though he is 70 (yes....you read that right....70), and battling stomach cancer. The Stones still manage to bring it. Paul McCartney still does well. I dunno....I'm a sentimental soul, so I enjoy seeing these guys still at it.

Now KISS is another story. I am, and always will be, a diehard fan. But let me explain that. I am a diehard fan of the orignal four, meaning Gene, Paul, AND Ace and Peter, and not two other guys wearing the same outfits and makeup as Ace and Peter did. Gene Simmons once said that it didn't matter who was in the band, and that the original magic would still be there. BULLFEATHERS!!!! I have heard him say some really dumb things over the years, but that one really took it all. At least with the Who or the Stones, the surviving members all know that it isn't quite the same as before.

Again, I'm just sentimental. Embarassed

Am I contradicting myself? scratch
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 am

Kugelspot wrote:
Hey what did you guys think of the Who's halftime show?

Dreadful and dissapointing.....

Match was brilliant, though.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Darkstrike wrote:

Definitely.

Wait... you're Irish... You guys watch American Football confused ?
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Kugelspot wrote:
Darkstrike wrote:

Definitely.

Wait... you're Irish... You guys watch American Football confused ?

Not many of us do, truthfully.

Those of us who are half American are the most likely to. Wink
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm

we who are irish - american, dont watch footbol.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Darkstrike wrote:

....huh? scratch

Is there something you're not telling us, Bill?
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:53 pm

I must say i've never been a fan of american hand-egg. I've always preferred rugby...
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:01 am

EricHaven wrote:
Darkstrike wrote:

....huh? scratch

Is there something you're not telling us, Bill?

Not at all, I'm fairly certain we've discussed it in the chat box, probably a fair bit into the past now, but then, I am usually wrong! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm

It's possible that I've forgotten something, as my memory isn't worth too much now! Laughing

So, to remind me again....are you half Yankee, Bill? pirat
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:52 pm

EricHaven wrote:
It's possible that I've forgotten something, as my memory isn't worth too much now! Laughing

So, to remind me again....are you half Yankee, Bill? pirat

Indeed I am, very much so. Cool
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm

WHOO-HOO! cheers
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:27 pm

#1 watch t.v. show...ok, but all the news channels and everyone else has more coverage on the commercials especially the talking babys and the bettyWhite one....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content

Super Bowl XLIV! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl XLIV!   Super Bowl XLIV! Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl XLIV!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: