Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I've just started the great downsizing!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

I've just started the great downsizing! Empty
PostSubject: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:05 pm

Yup, I am selling everything that gets on my hands that I don't use anymore and I settle for less. I just don't want all these things. So I'll be buying a little orange 20W amp and my Brother in law's Boss GT6B and I'll be keeping only my Epiphone.(and my custom)

So, why do I do that, I just don't need 3 basses. I'll get back to one and then build the other.

And I don't need my 200W genz benz because I can borrow my college some bigger amps if I need it.

That's the end of the semi-rant.

P.s. I didn't liked the Headless enough because it was hard on my left hand and I had some cramp even if I would have done some exercise before. So it have to go.

Anyway, my brother-in-law GT6B will act as a preamp on it's own.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 pm

nothing wrong with getting some gear sold that is not in use... if only I could be convinced to do the same thing Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Yeah, it's hard to convince ourselves to sell some things. But sometimes you just have to. When you think someone else would put it to great use instead of collecting dust.

Keep your pointyheads! lol!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:15 pm

NoobOnRoad wrote:
Yeah, it's hard to convince ourselves to sell some things. But sometimes you just have to. When you think someone else would put it to great use instead of collecting dust.

Keep your pointyheads! lol!
thanks, I will why? because noone else likes them ( that's why they are always c.h.e.a.p )

some people say wow you got so many, but overall, the "investment" of dollars is minimal... heck if I bought a Dingwall for 6 grand, I would have to sell EVERY single one, and toss another 2 grand on top of that to afford a Dingwall....

maybe I should change my sig line to "the home of the 200.00 basses" --lol
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:45 pm

why doesn't anybody want pointy heads? they seem to be a great deal, 80's, made in japan? What's the neck profile on them like?
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:48 pm

tekkentool wrote:
why doesn't anybody want pointy heads? they seem to be a great deal, 80's, made in japan? What's the neck profile on them like?

Some people do and they know what everyone else is missing out on. Wink They feel WAY better than they look...and they look fuggin' incredible! Twisted Evil Both my Jackson and Charvel are monsters. The feel, tone, and appearance is spot on.
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
tekkentool wrote:

Some people do and they know what everyone else is missing out on. Wink They feel WAY better than they look...and they look fuggin' incredible! Twisted Evil Both my Jackson and Charvel are monsters. The feel, tone, and appearance is spot on.

they really look quite up my alley, what bass does the neck feel most like? a P? jazz?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:13 pm

it is very hard to convince someone that a specific brand or shape is for them. Most people prefer the traditional fender look because it is "accepted" everywhere. You may love the BCRich extreme pointies like I do, but in may situations just the shape itself is not "socially appropriate" despite the tone....

all the jackson bassess have a 1-5/8" nut pretty standard, and the neck is pretty flat on the back so people with smaller fingers can get around it easier.

someday I will sell most of mine off, as nothing I have really has a lot of value but not until I see the market value increase a lot so the investment actually pays off.
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 pm

amimbari wrote:
it is very hard to convince someone that a specific brand or shape is for them. Most people prefer the traditional fender look because it is "accepted" everywhere. You may love the BCRich extreme pointies like I do, but in may situations just the shape itself is not "socially appropriate" despite the tone....

all the jackson bassess have a 1-5/8" nut pretty standard, and the neck is pretty flat on the back so people with smaller fingers can get around it easier.

someday I will sell most of mine off, as nothing I have really has a lot of value but not until I see the market value increase a lot so the investment actually pays off.

If you could ship here you could put me down for one right now.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 am

even tho i really want an explorer, i'm not a big fan of the pointey bass.

my washburn b-2 has a pointey head stock, and the more i have this bass and fix it up ... the more i like it. i played it up in allentown last night with a new bridge on it and it played like a dream.

another $200 pointey headstock bass.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am

tekkentool wrote:
I assume you don't have used gear stores like we do? ( pawn shops ) and we have a stupid t.v. series devoted to them. you know the ship charge from here to there would be really high, as it would be if I bought stuff on ebay.uk, and had those folks send me stuff.

you still want that futura i guess??
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 pm

amimbari wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
I assume you don't have used gear stores like we do? ( pawn shops ) and we have a stupid t.v. series devoted to them. you know the ship charge from here to there would be really high, as it would be if I bought stuff on ebay.uk, and had those folks send me stuff.

you still want that futura i guess??

oh yeah we have them, full end to end with affinity Squiers. One had a peavey cyberfret before, but that was the nicest bass i've seen. Always plenty of nice guitars though, 50's tele, gibson ES-335 from the 70's. At one point i saw a 1987 Ibanez rg550. but never any nice basses. not even a fender p.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've just started the great downsizing!   I've just started the great downsizing! Empty

Back to top Go down

I've just started the great downsizing!
Page 1 of 1