Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first build will start soon!

Go down 
+3
big_mits
tekkentool
NoobOnRoad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

My first build will start soon! Empty
PostSubject: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Yup you heard it!I am going for my first build and I buyed everything I wanted. All in all the build will be a Carl thompson copy.

Quoting myself from the infamous website.

Link to my future build: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619130

Quote :
Yup, after several project building never done. I just ordered what I needed for my first real build!

Specs

32 inch scale
29 frets
Ebony fretboard
Neck will be Maple(Canadian Maple as I'm from Canada)
Body is to determine(probably walnut)
EMG 35DC
4 black individual bridge
4 black tuners

Body is based on the Les Claypool main bass.

For those who knows me, I'll be adding a Kahler tremolo afterward because ATM, I can't justify a 230$ bridge.

My first build will start soon! 09ebayClaypool1

I'll probably do a lower cutaway to have the acess to all 29 frets.

I'll be sure to post progress pic.:hyper:
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:45 pm

good luck bro, spending too much time on the luthier's forum is dangerous man!
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Good luck Noob, hope everything goes swimmingly with this bass Wink

(Had to make the joke before someone else took it!)
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm

For those who knows me, I'll be adding a Kahler tremolo afterward because ATM, I can't justify a 230$ bridge.

Well maybe we will have to find you a 100.00 Kahler then ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:20 pm

amimbari wrote:

YEAH! That sounds like a plan! But it would have to be black to match all the hardware. lol!
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:11 pm

NoobOnRoad wrote:
amimbari wrote:

YEAH! That sounds like a plan! But it would have to be black to match all the hardware. lol!

Spray paint isn't that expensive, isn't that right eric Wink
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:48 pm

tekkentool wrote:
NoobOnRoad wrote:
amimbari wrote:

Eeeww...yuck. I hate seeing hardware spray painted. I have a friend with a Jackson CS Randy Rhoads guitar and the gold hardware (Floyd Rose included) was spray painted black when he got it. It looks nasty.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm

hey CB, I think peabuddy still has his black 7410. I'll call him tonight or tomorrow and ask if he's selling it c.h.e.a.p ( since I got that gold one already ).

He also STILL wants to trade me my black 2b-kahler bass for his 3b crackle.. ( now that I have the gold trem, I may do it as the gold trem on a crackle would be just weird enough to look good....)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:13 pm

tekkentool wrote:

True....although I don't recommend using it if you can avoid doing so.

But for me, I could care less! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

amimbari wrote:
hey CB, I think peabuddy still has his black 7410. I'll call him tonight or tomorrow and ask if he's selling it c.h.e.a.p ( since I got that gold one already ).

He also STILL wants to trade me my black 2b-kahler bass for his 3b crackle.. ( now that I have the gold trem, I may do it as the gold trem on a crackle would be just weird enough to look good....)

You should take him up on that trade. How cool would it be to have a crackle? Not to mention the fact that it's a 3B...
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 pm

I got the stewmac stuff last week(Truss rod frets ebony board wich is gorgeous!), the bridge Tuesday and just got the EMG today. Waiting for the tuners and I'm gonna make a full size template with big papers!

Advancing so far!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Nice, dude! Coming along. What are you going to make the neck out of?
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 am

Canadian maple from my Grandfather collection. He's a talented woodworker over here, but he does it just for fun. Gotta be cool to work with him for one of my project. I already worked with him a little bit before and it was fun as hell. I love working with woods, bandsaws etc...
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Mmmmm....woods....bandsaws....sounds like a party! Laughing

Reminds me of my guitarist Andy's shop. Not only is he an awesome guitarist and luthier, but he also runs his construction business out of his shop at his house. Our practice studio is directly upstairs from his shop, so we often arrive for practice to find him downstairs in his shop working on something. The place is enormous, and it is usually filled with mountains, and I do mean MOUNTAINS, of all different kinds of sawdust. And the air in the shop has it's own atmosphere of wood dust! Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:49 pm

eric ... tell him i'm envyous.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 pm

I hear you, MadMike! I am too, Bro! Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 pm

saving up for my next shop investment .....

18" throat scroll saw.

i still need to get fretting tools too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first build will start soon!   My first build will start soon! Empty

Back to top Go down

My first build will start soon!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: