Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, I've quit smoking

Go down 
+3
tekkentool
Kugelspot
EricHaven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

So, I've quit smoking Empty
PostSubject: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Yep. My body has been telling me for some time that it was time to stop for good. So I had my last one Saturday night, and I haven't had one since. So far, so good. I have had a few cravings, and some trouble sleeping, but I'm holding fast for the most part. Wish me luck, Guys! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Congrats man!

Good luck!

Are you going cold turkey, or are you going to use the patches or gum to ween yourself of it?
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:07 am

Cold turkey is probably the healthiest option, any nicotine is horrible for you. A single drop of it will kill you in a few minute's.

And good luck man! think about all the years you're adding to your life.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Good luck, dude!
Back to top Go down
Yvarg

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Man, must be tough. Good luck with that! I can relate (well sorta, but probably not on the same level).

I just started getting rid of the caffeine from my diet about a week ago since I've been reading about how irritable it makes you (I have a LOT of problems getting irritated with people . . .). I had always told myself "It's cool, I'm not addicted to caffeine. I could stop whenever I want; besides I only drink coffee because I like the taste." Laughing Sure enough, two days after I switched to decaf I started falling asleep for up to five hours in the afternoon, feeling really lethargic all the time, and having constant headaches. I think the withdrawals climaxed this past Monday when I was sitting in a morning class feeling really dizzy, super-tired, and like I was dreaming. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

It shocks me how much caffeine some people drink without thinking about it. It's more powerful than people give it credit for, I think. I know that I'm really sensitive to it. If I have a shot of espresso, I get dehydrated, I shake, I get headaches, I become paranoid, and I can't concentrate. I hate it. I love everything else about coffee--it smells great and I love the taste, but the caffeine is brutal on me. My parents are coffee drinkers and a lot of my friends/coworkers from theatre drink coffee to cure their headaches and stay alert on the job. I've also seen many of them go through the struggle of kicking smoking. Some can do it and some can't, but the craving's still there. Nasty stuff.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Yeah, I have also wrestled with the demon caffeine many times in the past. Usually, I go through a period of drinking it, then I end up drinking more and more coffee to get the same effect to where I eventually wind up over-doing it, and I have to stop completely. Then I go through DT's for a few days. Funny thing, but a co-worker was trying to tell me that caffeine isn't truly addictive, but is more of a dependency drug. I told him that I couldn't really see the difference.

Thanks for the support, Guys. Cool It's been five days today, and I haven't lit up once yet. And yes, it is hard. I go thorugh periods of being really foggy, and I haven't been sleeping too well. But I know these are just withdrawals, and that they will pass soon.

To answer your question KS, I am going cold turkey. I figure that using any sort of crutch will only drag out my dependency on the nicotine, and the sooner I lose that, the better. And I have quit before, and each time I did so it was cold turkey, so I know I can do it again. The only difference is that this time, I don't plan on ever starting up again. Wink
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:44 pm

congadulations.

i quit drinking alcohol ... almost 2 years ago.

i quit all the other stuff almost 2 years ago too.

just now ... the fog is starting to clear.

........... and i cant quit smoking for one day.

guess i'm just not ready yet.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:02 pm

madmike wrote:
congadulations.

i quit drinking alcohol ... almost 2 years ago.

i quit all the other stuff almost 2 years ago too.

just now ... the fog is starting to clear.

........... and i cant quit smoking for one day.

guess i'm just not ready yet.

What do you mean by the fog?

Everything in its own time. Smile
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:02 pm

good deal eric!

Also i never got all this crud about caffiene...it doesn't do **** to me, i've done maybe 400MG of it one go and i didn't feel ****.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Yikes.
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
Yikes.

Looked it up, if having loads of caffiene doesn't do **** or "relaxes" you, you probably have ADD.

Not really surprising.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:15 am

tekkentool wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
Yikes.

Looked it up, if having loads of caffiene doesn't do **** or "relaxes" you, you probably have ADD.

Not really surprising.

In what form was the caffeine that you consumed?
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 am

Good luck Eric!
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 am

Chowderboots wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
Yikes.

Not really surprising.

energy drinks and a caffiene mint.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:01 pm

tekkentool wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
Yikes.

Not really surprising.

Wow. That would have made me sick. Not only that much caffeine, but I hate the way those energy drinks taste...
Back to top Go down
Yvarg

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 pm

tekkentool wrote:
Also i never got all this crud about caffiene...it doesn't do **** to me, i've done maybe 400MG of it one go and i didn't feel ****.

I never really got it either; I never really felt the effects of caffeine (until I quit!). Lately I've been having a ton of trouble with being really annoyed at various sounds, and I figure if it can help to not drink so much caffeine then it's worth a try!
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
tekkentool wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
Yikes.

Not really surprising.

Wow. That would have made me sick. Not only that much caffeine, but I hate the way those energy drinks taste...

I don't mind most of them, but there was one called monster, i tried half a can and it made me sick the whole day.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 pm

the fog = my overall blurred perception of reality based on my positive and negative end heavy ego. an egomaniack with an inferiority complex. i am starting to feel less and less of the total piece of crap person and the ultimate invincible, infallable superhero my brain tells me i am ... i'm just feelin like i'm some guy.

i still sway back and forth with this self - perception sometimes, but not as extreme and for not as long.

the way this has come to fruition is with self awareness not achievable by me being wasted all the time and/or not working at it.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:06 pm

I understand what you mean. I have felt the same way, but I haven't been able to express it half as well as you have.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:07 am

I concur. Very well put, MadMike. You've outlined what every person goes through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I've quit smoking   So, I've quit smoking Empty

Back to top Go down

So, I've quit smoking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: