Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.

Go down 
+7
Kugelspot
EricHaven
madmike
Barklessdog
Chowderboots
Darkstrike
T. Gunn
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Darkstrike

Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:06 pm

T. Gunn wrote:
Yeah, optima golds right? They are like $150 a pack or something crazy. Randy jackson has gold sig strings

I can get 'em for 40 bucks.
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm

DS, that's because you're Irish.... I keed, but you can just blame the Canadians don't you? lol!

More seriously, my sister is getting me 2 sets of short scale string for my Epi Viola and she's going to be here tomorow. I can't wait to have new strings. I don't even know what they'll be. Let's say that the choice of bass string here is minimal, imagin the choice of short scale bass string....
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Actually Noob, you'd be surprised at how rare short scale bass strings can be, no matter where you live. It seems that for every 20 sets of regular set of bass strings, you might find one or two at the most, at least, in my experience. My very first bass was a black 19 fret short-scale Fender Musicmaster, and finding strings was a constant chore. So much so that I usually ended up buying regular scale, and trimming them short. A lot of smaller guitar stores won't even carry them.

But, they can be found with enough effort, and at least we have the web for such hard-to-find items. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Darkstrike wrote:
T. Gunn wrote:
Yeah, optima golds right? They are like $150 a pack or something crazy. Randy jackson has gold sig strings

I got my set for $40 too. The trick is to browse eBay until you can find them for under $50.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Kugelspot wrote:
Darkstrike wrote:
T. Gunn wrote:

I got my set for $40 too. The trick is to browse eBay until you can find them for under $50.

I can get them in stores for that price, but of course, that ain't gonna happen over there, so you gotta wait for your deal.
Back to top Go down
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:19 pm

you stink!!! pig
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Nah. Bill's just one lucky cat living where he does. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 pm

I hear he gets roto's for like $22... that's almost questioning if they're "hot" over here Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.   Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi all! Wanting to get a Kahler, new to trems.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4