Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics

Go down 
+5
Kugelspot
big_mits
Chowderboots
Darkstrike
EricHaven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics Empty
PostSubject: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Just for laughs. Wink

Whaddyall think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:27 pm

EricHaven wrote:

Hadn't noticed......... Laughing

Nice look, much cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:13 pm

It's pretty rad. There's a lot more depth to the board's appearance.
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 am

Looking good. I'm liking the radioactive signs for different boards. alien
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:39 am

Its a little distracting, but I'll get used to it. I'm really liking all the animated stuff
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:58 am

It is a fun design, isn't it? Wink

The folks who host our little board here give you options for backgrounds and graphics. This one is a pre-made layout that a designer cooked up, and it was in a list of about 600 designs.

I also didn't realize that I could set the width of the board! Laughing Before, it was a little compressed, but I accidentally found the width toggle function, and set it at maximum width. So now the pages are nice and wide. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yvarg

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:38 pm

It's a little easier to visually navigate than the previous board theme. I don't know how in-depth this is, but I've been on forums in the past where there was a standard theme that the board was viewed in, but at the bottom of the site there was a drop down menu that allowed each user to choose and save their preferred theme out of about ten different ones. That would be pretty cool, but then again, it might take way more effort than it's worth. Who knows . . .
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 am

as long as I can find a thread and post in it, you can plain or fancy it up to your hearts content Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:04 pm

i'm happy you kept the dark backround. hot pink message boards are icky.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:23 pm

I can assure you MadMike that there will never be hot pink anything on this board! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:25 pm

EricHaven wrote:
I can assure you MadMike that there will never be hot pink anything on this board! Laughing

Didn't doubt you for a second. Smile
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 pm

EricHaven wrote:

You sure about that?
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:38 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 am

The Radioactive Icons are much better. You dont have to study where the new postings are.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Agreed. I like how they flash--you can scan the forum really quickly for new posts.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Darkstrike wrote:
EricHaven wrote:

You sure about that?

AAAACCCCKKKK!!!! Shocked

OK....let me re-phrase that. I won't put any hot pink anything on this board! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Alright already....there is one hot pink image that I will post:

Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics Mrsslocombe

Mollie Sugden as Mrs. Slocombe from the British comedy series Are You Being Served? Wink

And salmon. I love salmon.

But that's it! Laughing

Last edited by EricHaven on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:36 pm

EricHaven wrote:
But that's it! Laughing

Lies lies lies, each post you get closer and closer to turning the whole forum hot pink, and you know it! tongue
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Oh, Forumotion does have some really pretty/frilly/girly/pink layouts that I could use if I wanted to. But having the power to do so has to come with some sort of guidelines.

I often get such guidelines from art, and especially movies. Bear with me on this one, Guys. Ever see Jurassic Park? There's a very poignant scene right after everyone sees the velociraptor pit for the first time. As everyone looks on in horror while the raptors tear a steer to pieces, John Hammond asks "So! Who's hungry?". They go into some dining hall for a "lovely lunch of Chilean sea bass", and John Hammond and the "blood-sucking lawyer" launch into what a great place the park will be from a clearly profit-driven standpoint. Jeff Goldblum's character Ian Malcom shakes his head and engages Hammond in what I consider to be some truly organic wisdom.

Hammond: "But our scientists have done something that has never been done before!"

Malcom: "Yes! But your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to consider whether or not they should!"

I apply the same thought process when considering such important things as whether or not to turn the board pink. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 pm

That's one of my favorite movies.

A lot of ink sure has been spilled over the subject of a hot pink message board. Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 am

hmm....pink and salmon?, well the only thing I have pink in the collection is this:

Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics P1010264-1

and when you chage the lighting it turns salmon:

Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics 293554386_o
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:06 am

So wrong at first, but somehow works.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:09 pm

True. Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 3:49 am

i can just see it flopping upstream to spawn. Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 am

I was supposed to be mass produced from Dillion this year, the owner of the company changed his mind about the run for Christmas and sold it to me for 50 bucks for owning 3 of his older basses...I can't play it cause the knobs get in the way, but it is so ugly I keep it for uniqueness only Smile

it actually really sounds good for a cheap p.o.s., stays in tune and has a nice neck for a unit that was supposed to be sold for 199.95 this year, but again the knobs are in the way for me so I'll never use it.

I don't think I have found ANYONE on TB besides 2 or 3 people who owns Dillion units, and I am very proud to own 3 fine examples of "inexpensive" copies that serve the music well Smile

Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics P1010334
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Those are actually pretty cool for being cheap, Mike. Which one has the knob issue? The T-Bird?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:36 am

no...the surf-strat. I use my V's for guitar noodling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics   Yeah, yeah....I've been playing with the board graphics Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1