Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....

Go down 
+2
Mo Beach
amimbari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... Empty
PostSubject: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:05 am

Valentines day Bar jam
A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... GenosGig036

Valentines Day bar jam with my 6 string bass
A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... GenosGig019-1

new years eve jam
A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... 1098403105_e190dcafc8-1

ADN YES, EVEN EXTREMELY EXPERIENCED FINGERSTYLE PLAYERS NEED TO USE A PICK EVERY NOW AND THEN lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Because you ARE a lefty! afro
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Nice, man! Hey, you get a totally different sound and feel from using a pick...I think that's badass!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
Nice, man! Hey, you get a totally different sound and feel from using a pick...I think that's badass!
that is correct Martin, I use the pick for 2 reasons really.... 1 is to piss all the fingerplayers off, and 2 is when my nails are not long enough to act like picks, it DOES sound different Smile
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Why not use a pick? I think it sounds and looks killer. I think it looks a little more natural in its own way.
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 pm

I do like a pick occasionally, I can't argue that the tone it gives you can't be reproduced with fingers.

Unless you're Geddy Lee.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:07 pm

Great shots, Mike!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Mo Beach wrote:
I do like a pick occasionally, I can't argue that the tone it gives you can't be reproduced with fingers.

Unless you're Geddy Lee.
that and the rics always has a great "snap/tick" tone with fingers just like any other bass with a pick SmileSmile

I'll slowly add videos back into the video section each in their own titled threads ( as not to overwhelm the new members with one thread with 80 posts in it )-
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks, Mike. I can't wait to see them! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 pm

amimbari wrote:
Mo Beach wrote:

Unless you're Geddy Lee.
that and the rics always has a great "snap/tick" tone with fingers just like any other bass with a pick SmileSmile

I'll slowly add videos back into the video section each in their own titled threads ( as not to overwhelm the new members with one thread with 80 posts in it )-

I think his Jazz bass has a better tone, but that's just me Smile

Tom Sawyer was Jazz bass all the way!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:14 am

Mmmmhhh Rush...man I love Rush. Even Grace Under Pressure and stuff where they started to lose a lot of people. But Moving Pictures--DAMN! Talk about killer bass!!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:55 am

did you ever see how long Geddy keeps his fingernails?

If I cut my fingernails, the tone instantly changes from ticky and twangy to dead and thumpy.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 am

No I haven't. I know Steve Harris keeps his fingernails pretty long on his pointer and middle fingers and that's what helps him out a lot. I could never get the motivation to keep growing my fingernails out. Maybe it would give my "strum" a bit more of an edge.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:36 pm

classical guitarists do it for that crisp sound on the nylon strings for the same reason, and if your strumming with your fingernails and not flesh.....there you go. Just another tone technique.

for the bass, why use a pretty colored plastic/nylon pick when your body gives you 4 of them built in and they CANT slip out of your hand when you sweat ---hahahaha

is it ugly or gay for a guy to have long nails? I never thought so.

alternate picking with a pick is called 2 finger picking with your fingers, and when you get a lot of years behind you, you will be able to alternate on one finger almost as fast as stroking a pick up and down. a very good example is some of the double thumb slappers out there, curl their fingers a little more so the nails are not a factor, and the tone changes.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:55 am

I found myself doing the 3-banger and I can't go back to using two fingers. It is a great way to pick faster than I can with a pick. And more evenly. And whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:07 am

Great pics.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:38 pm

How you liking the Billy Sheehan Sig (or is that that even yours)? I love them, especially the black ones. Sexy as hell

amimbari wrote:
classical guitarists do it for that crisp sound on the nylon strings for the same reason, and if your strumming with your fingernails and not flesh.....there you go. Just another tone technique.

for the bass, why use a pretty colored plastic/nylon pick when your body gives you 4 of them built in and they CANT slip out of your hand when you sweat ---hahahaha

is it ugly or gay for a guy to have long nails? I never thought so.

I have a friend who plays guitar who keeps his nails really, really long for that reason. I don't think it's that ugly or gay or weird. One time he complained about breaking a nail, which was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:29 am

I want to try it out, but I bite my nails so compulsively and I have no intention of stopping...
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:46 am

I did also until I realized that nails were something important ( to me anyway ). flower
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:15 pm

I use my nails sometimes, but I find I have to keep them rather short to prevent them from hanging up on the strings when I am plucking normally.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 am

We have a salon in Kirkistan called "Nail&You" which I think, apart from sounding like something else, is very appropriate to this thread geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....   A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty.... Empty

Back to top Go down

A couple pictures of me looking like a lefty....
Page 1 of 1