Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.

Go down 
+4
Chowderboots
amimbari
NoobOnRoad
madmike
8 posters
AuthorMessage
madmike

madmike

why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. Empty
PostSubject: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:18 am

whats everyone dressing up as for halloween this year?

pix are expected.

i'm gonna be a hockey player zombie. i'll put the getup on tonite and post a pic.
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 am

This year Ozzy Osborne!

Last year I was Buckethead.

2 years ago I was Gene Simmons.

I love being a famous freak! afro
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 am

we are playing a show next Friday, and this is the first time in 3-4 years I am playing a Halloween show, so I have no clue what I'll be wearing.

Eric "MAY" see me in the gear that he has wanted to see me in for a while now...perfect chance to use it again ---
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:59 am

I'm probably just going to hang out with my best friend and jam on some stuff. Good, safe fun. Cool

A very wholesome Halloween this year.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:02 pm

We're going to a club to see some friends of ours play. I don't think we'll dress up, other than as "Linda and Eric". Laughing

Mike....just tell me where to send the check to. Wink

NB! You went as Buckethead? COOL! I actually got to meet him after a gig he did in Berkeley. This was him without the bucket on, just as a normal dude. He was super mellow and cool, and what an unreal guitarist!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 pm

EricHaven wrote:
We're going to a club to see some friends of ours play. I don't think we'll dress up, other than as "Linda and Eric". Laughing

You're dressing up as Linda, and she's dressing up asy you?!

Odd..........

But, whatever keeps you kids happy.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:16 am

from what i understand about this getup mike and eric have mentioned before ........

eric, you should throw dollars ........

or maybe nickles.

if you wrote a chek, what would you write in the "memo__________" space?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 am

madmike wrote:

"entertainment fee" ??? lol!

well even though this is not the rant area...our Friday show was overbooked, and they called our singer to tell him they can only have us to do one hours worth...We had to cancel because it takes a hour to actually get to this venue, and it is not worth it to play a party for free for a hour AFTER driving almost an hour to get there.

SO that means in order to fulfill my obligation to you of wearing the "spandex and gear", I will have to just postpone it until I get another video on youtube WITH a proper background, and not the garage wall Smile

OR another gig where it is appropriate to wear that old stuff. ( the youtube vid will be first )
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:37 am

EricHaven wrote:
This was him without the bucket on, just as a normal dude. He was super mellow and cool, and what an unreal guitarist!

O_O

I am jealous, did you saw him without the mask too?
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:09 pm

amimbari wrote:
madmike wrote:

"entertainment fee" ??? lol!

well even though this is not the rant area...our Friday show was overbooked, and they called our singer to tell him they can only have us to do one hours worth...We had to cancel because it takes a hour to actually get to this venue, and it is not worth it to play a party for free for a hour AFTER driving almost an hour to get there.

SO that means in order to fulfill my obligation to you of wearing the "spandex and gear", I will have to just postpone it until I get another video on youtube WITH a proper background, and not the garage wall Smile

OR another gig where it is appropriate to wear that old stuff. ( the youtube vid will be first )

Pity that that didn't work out for you. Do you have any backup plans?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Darkstrike wrote:
You're dressing up as Linda, and she's dressing up as you?!

Laughing

amimbari wrote:
"entertainment fee" ???

Either that....or extortion fee. Laughing

And I totally hear you Mike when it comes to not doing gigs that aren't worth it. So hopefully, we'll have some spandex ala Amimbari video to look forward to soon. Wink

NoobOnRoad wrote:
EricHaven wrote:
This was him without the bucket on, just as a normal dude. He was super mellow and cool, and what an unreal guitarist!

O_O

I am jealous, did you saw him without the mask too?
Wink

I did indeed. His true name is Brian, and he was actually pretty normal. Just laid back and modest. He and his girlfriend were putting some gear into his car when we walked up to them. I remember that his hands were enormous, and when he shook mine my own hand practically disappeared! And I absolutely know it was him, since I went with a buddy of mine that knew him, and he introduced us out in the parking lot of the venue afterward. His hair was the same color and length as the guy I saw onstage, and he was just as tall. I told him "you are absolutely incredible, Bro!" He just smiled and said "thanks, Man. I really appreciate that. I just do what I do."
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Buckethead is actually just as slammin' on our low end of the spectrum, too, for those that don't know already.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Oh hell yeah, he's an incredible bassist, too.
Back to top Go down
Yvarg

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:54 am

One of my friends suggested that I get a fake fu manchu and go as Toki Wartooth, which sounds better and better the more I think about it. Unfortunately I probably won't be going anywhere on halloween so I probably won't dress up.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 am

Yvarg wrote:
One of my friends suggested that I get a fake fu manchu and go as Toki Wartooth, which sounds better and better the more I think about it. Unfortunately I probably won't be going anywhere on halloween so I probably won't dress up.

Not a bumblebee!! Do it, man! Do you look like him at all? Or have an addiction to chicken flavored candy?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
Yvarg wrote:

Not a bumblebee!! Do it, man! Do you look like him at all? Or have an addiction to chicken flavored candy?

....uh....huh??? scratch
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Subject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.

if that were true, I could use one day to be a millionaire and the rest of the year would be spent on some exotic equatorial 80 degrees all the time island sipping magaritas spending all the money I earned for one day Smile
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else.   why be yourself when theres a holiday to be someone else. EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:57 pm

EricHaven wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
Yvarg wrote:

....uh....huh??? scratch