Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the LATEST new toy....

Go down 
+5
NoobOnRoad
Chowderboots
EricHaven
Kugelspot
amimbari
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:00 am

whats all this lovey-dovey mushy sex stuff?

how does spandex induce that....?

I'll wear em with a blood capsule in my mouth and spit blood onto a white sheet and set it on fire for the theatrics.

( after I make sure I'm very careful the bass don't get blood on it or burned in the fire naturally )
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh, I'd pay money to see that! Laughing

That is....if I actually had any money.... pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 am

HALLOWEEN is right around the corner so there may be a spot for all this theatrical stuff still Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:05 pm

amimbari wrote:
HALLOWEEN is right around the corner so there may be a spot for all this theatrical stuff still Smile Smile

took some theatrics arranging the C/J's. I haven't taken a group shot since last summer.

https://2img.net/h/i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm171/amimbari/P1010331.jpg
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:21 am

Nice Kramer clown
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:18 am

Man, that is one helluva nice bass family, Mike! Shocked
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 pm

that sneaky Kramer said "I'm pointy, put me in the pic please"... I felt bad so I did. Rolling Eyes
no crackle, no green/blue/yellow ... kinda a boring garden of flowers wouldn't you say?

I also took a pic of the misfit Dillion basses since I got that BeatleBass, that collection has changed as well..

https://2img.net/h/i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm171/amimbari/P1010334.jpg
Back to top Go down
T. Gunn

T. Gunn

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Man... I liked the fleabass I tried!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:42 pm

T. Gunn wrote:
Man... I liked the fleabass I tried!

A bass made from fleas??? Shocked

Just kidding! Laughing Actually, I also like the Flea bass quite a bit myself.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 am

ok...speaking of new basses, here's the latest:

a 86 Charvel 3b in BlackCherry

the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 CIMG4838
the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 CIMG4835
the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 CIMG4836

[i]as long as noone else likes Charvel pointies, it is always going to be better for me and my GAS pains dollarwise SmileSmile[i]
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 pm

G-G-G-G-G-G-G--G-G-G-G-GORGEOUS!!!!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:58 pm

I agree! Is that a set neck on that bass?
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Even better-the 3Bs are neck-through. The 1B, 2B, and 4B are all bolt-on. Not only are they all smooth sailing and allow for speedy, accurate playing, but the 3Bs have awesome sustain from the neck-through construction. Cool
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:51 am

but I like the 4b better same as the 3 but lighter AND I added a strap pin to the neckplate and didn't have to drill a hole ... I did that to my red 3b and MAN TALK ABOUT TBIRD NECKDIVE x2 Smile

I also just got a SHS SA2500 poweramp MIJ cheapie for 80 bucks. they claim it is 2400watts bridged into 4ohms, but hahaha no way...however it is a good amp, and I used it at the gig the other night and it was wonderful and worked perfectly without clipping or speaker failure.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 am

amimbari wrote:
but I like the 4b better same as the 3 but lighter AND I added a strap pin to the neckplate and didn't have to drill a hole ... I did that to my red 3b and MAN TALK ABOUT TBIRD NECKDIVE x2 Smile

I also just got a SHS SA2500 poweramp MIJ cheapie for 80 bucks. they claim it is 2400watts bridged into 4ohms, but hahaha no way...however it is a good amp, and I used it at the gig the other night and it was wonderful and worked perfectly without clipping or speaker failure.

Yeah the 3B is a little on the neck dive-y side. By a little I mean more than a little. Laughing When you moved the strap to the neck plate on the 4B, did you get as much neck dive as you would on say a 2B if you had it in that position?

Haha gotta love those optimistic power ratings. Cool that it works well, though!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 am

funny you mentioned it that way...no the 4 is actually kinda good, the 2 is heavier and the neck rises just like my tbird because I'm holding it upside down. cheers

and ya 2400watts at probably 50% THD --hahahaha

I do have a meter that could measure the actual music output, and one day I will hook it up and laugh at a couple hundred watts@8ohms ( when they say 500 )

but for 80 bucks, it works and it will be temporary till after the new year when I find a REAL amp to replace it with...

it does drive 2 cabinets well, like I said..at our gig I had my 4x10 and my 2x12's and loud,bassy, and no clipping, but 600 a channel--haha no way!!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 am

amimbari wrote:
funny you mentioned it that way...no the 4 is actually kinda good, the 2 is heavier and the neck rises just like my tbird because I'm holding it upside down. cheers

and ya 2400watts at probably 50% THD --hahahaha

I do have a meter that could measure the actual music output, and one day I will hook it up and laugh at a couple hundred watts@8ohms ( when they say 500 )

but for 80 bucks, it works and it will be temporary till after the new year when I find a REAL amp to replace it with...

it does drive 2 cabinets well, like I said..at our gig I had my 4x10 and my 2x12's and loud,bassy, and no clipping, but 600 a channel--haha no way!!

Interesting. I've never experienced neck rise on an instrument. Guess I'm not playing them the right way around. Laughing

What do you mean by a real amp? Not a jinky $80 thing? Neat. At least it gets a lot of speakers moving.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:47 am

Chowderboots wrote:
What do you mean by a real amp? Not a jinky $80 thing? Neat. At least it gets a lot of speakers moving.

correct, an actual NAME BRAND amp with REAL specs, like my QSC's/Carvin/Hafler/BGW...etc......something that says xx watts at8ohms @ .001 THD, not 5% THD Smile

this amp is rated like a car amp that says it will push 5000 watts for your car speakers...they NEVER tell you the real specs, cause in reality, your lucky if it does 50 watts at music-program-level, and not on an oscilloscope looking at a sine wave on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:54 am

amimbari wrote:
correct, an actual NAME BRAND amp with REAL specs, like my QSC's/Carvin/Hafler/BGW...etc......something that says xx watts at8ohms @ .001 THD, not 5% THD Smile

this amp is rated like a car amp that says it will push 5000 watts for your car speakers...they NEVER tell you the real specs, cause in reality, your lucky if it does 50 watts at music-program-level, and not on an oscilloscope looking at a sine wave on the screen.

Uh huh. QSCs look really nice. Or you could fill a rack up with some of those Carvin super light power amps and lift the whole thing up with your pinkies! Wink
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:19 pm

A little late again, but congrats on your new basses! Loving that dark cherry.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
Haha gotta love those optimistic power ratings

Hate to be spouting nerdy technical mumbo jumbo, but I gotta correct everyone on the "optimism" thing. Its more than just optimism. Its practically false advertising.

See, there are different ways of measuring wattage. The amp industry generally uses one way of measuring wattage (its called continuous wattage, IIRC). Behringer, however use peak wattage. From what I understand (which isn't much), this means that most companies rate their amps on amount of power the amp can pump out for an extended period of time, except Behringer, who rate theirs based on the amount of power the amp can handle for a tiny fraction of a second exploding into a million places. This means that their wattage values are hugely exaggerated compared to other companies.

Remember, as always when I talk about electronics, take this with a bit of salt, as I based most of this on assumptions and stuff I "read somewhere"
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Kugelspot wrote:
Hate to be spouting nerdy technical mumbo jumbo, but I gotta correct everyone on the "optimism" thing. Its more than just optimism. Its practically false advertising.

See, there are different ways of measuring wattage. The amp industry generally uses one way of measuring wattage (its called continuous wattage, IIRC). Behringer, however use peak wattage. From what I understand (which isn't much), this means that most companies rate their amps on amount of power the amp can pump out for an extended period of time, except Behringer, who rate theirs based on the amount of power the amp can handle for a tiny fraction of a second exploding into a million places. This means that their wattage values are hugely exaggerated compared to other companies.

Remember, as always when I talk about electronics, take this with a bit of salt, as I based most of this on assumptions and stuff I "read somewhere"

Mhmm I'm aware and that's precisely what I mean by optimistic--misleading. Most of the time both the peak and RMS wattage is printed on the backs of amps and that varies depending on the output load, but some companies skew the numbers or state them incorrectly to sell more of their product. It can make it difficult to tell the difference between actual powerful amps and small amps that are marketed as though they are powerful. The sound system at the theatre where I worked, for example, employed racks full of QSC and Mackie power amps that were rated at over a thousand watts RMS and that's because they had to power a medium sized stereo system whose woofers shook the catwalks, but something like that Bugera Nuke amp is BS. $600 for a supposed 3600W...who do they take us for? Laughing And a lot of people confuse wattage with volume or headroom.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:28 pm

I think you hit the nail right on the head, KS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the LATEST new toy....   the LATEST new toy.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

the LATEST new toy....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: