Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I have the chance to buy a 2410?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

I have the chance to buy a 2410? Empty
PostSubject: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 7:30 am

I have a friend who never used his 20 year old black 2410? >>forward roller he says is still in the box for the right price.

I say the right price cause I cant do it myself and will have to pay someone reliable to rout it out.

this won't work on my Charvels I know, but I may take the plunge and toss it on my JacksonBird. It would only increase the value anyway, so as soon as I can find someone in the city/surrounding area that I can take it to, I may have a Tbird-Kahlerized.

my question is I see this tbird has a rear roller on it, does it matter?...... beyond the actual mounting spot it has to be on the wood for the intonation line...etc...

I have the chance to buy a 2410? JacksonbirdBody
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 am

On your Tbird, you could use a 2400--you have enough room. I don't know about a 2410--it depends on how close the bridge pickup is to the intonation line.

If you have the room, there isn't a difference in action. The bar will be closer to the neck on a 2410, but only slightly.

Is the 2400 you're getting black? I recently got a 2400 myself with the original box/papers and I'd love to put it on something. It will actually fit on my Roadster, but I want that bass to stay the way it is.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:09 am

isn't it the other way around? the 2400 rearsaddle is for tight spaces, and the 2410 forwardsaddle for long body area, and that's why I can't use a 2410 on the charvel?

the trem is RobPeabuddys item, and he is really trying to get me to give up my 2b-k, so who knows...as long as I know the forward saddle version will work, I just might do it Smile and end up with a crackle3b and a Tbird with a trem....
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 am

amimbari wrote:
isn't it the other way around? the 2400 rearsaddle is for tight spaces, and the 2410 forwardsaddle for long body area, and that's why I can't use a 2410 on the charvel?

the trem is RobPeabuddys item, and he is really trying to get me to give up my 2b-k, so who knows...as long as I know the forward saddle version will work, I just might do it Smile and end up with a crackle3b and a Tbird with a trem....

It's the other way around. The 2400 is the original bass trem by Kahler, but since it fits on so few basses, they came up with the 2410 (reverse saddle bridge) which is more compact. E.g.--my Hamer has a 7410, my Kelly a 2410.

Make sure that IF you need to get it recessed that you tell the shop you want them to recess the trem so that you don't have the problem that I had with my Hamer. I wasn't aware of the issue, so when I went to pick up my bass, they said if I was fine with how the action was, I could take it home or for $200 more they could take it back, I could wait another 4 weeks or whatever, and then I'd have a recessed trem.

According to wammiworld.com, if the string height is more than a 1/2" from the face of the body, you shouldn't have to recess it, but if it's less than a 1/2", you'll probably want to recess it.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:40 am

ok i got it 2400 = forward/2410 = rearward. I also did re-email Rob and give him this site so he can show-off all his tremmed basses to the world here Smile
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:46 pm

That's right! Very Happy

Nice! Thanks for leading him this way. Hopefully he'll stop by.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:58 pm

Yuppers. Just to back up what Martin said, the 2400 is indeed the forward-roller unit, while the 2410 is the rearward unit. And judging from the photo example Mike, either one will work, since the unit in the picture is a 2410, and it fits just fine.

That's one thing I can say about the T-Bird basses. Plenty of room for a trem! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:02 pm

I've never played a Thunderbird at the end of a strap. And it's been a long time since I have played a Thunderbird.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:44 am

well Rob has a lot of stuff in the works for me and him, so who knows, some day soon he may have my Charvel, and I will have a 2400 on my tbird.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:51 am

Cool beans. You know I'm serious about your lefty 2B. If you were looking to sell it once I've got money again, I'd definitely buy it from you.

And if you're interested in a possible fix-up 3B preamp, I'm going to be taking the electronics out of my Charvel some time.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:07 am

thanks Martin, Rob has 4 complete j2000's so if you don't want to sell yours off, he has enough for me to turn this Frankenbass into a preamped 2b.

I still have not looked for a luthier here that will install the trem yet, once I do find one, all these "trades" will happen soon after Smile

he will have the 2bK, I will have a 3Bcrackle, and the trem on the Tbird.....
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:23 pm

amimbari wrote:
thanks Martin, Rob has 4 complete j2000's so if you don't want to sell yours off, he has enough for me to turn this Frankenbass into a preamped 2b.

I still have not looked for a luthier here that will install the trem yet, once I do find one, all these "trades" will happen soon after Smile

he will have the 2bK, I will have a 3Bcrackle, and the trem on the Tbird.....

That sounds awesome. Finally getting a crackle bass! What a Face

The reason I offer my preamp is because I am going to have no use for it once I put in P/X2N-7 pickups and DiMarzio electronics. and you might have a use for it...or whatever. And I wouldn't expect anything in exchange for it because it's broken.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Chowderboots wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything in exchange for it because it's broken.
if it's broke how am I gonna use it ?!?

anyway, my goal with the FrankenCharvel is to drill a hole for a switch like a 3-4b, and call it a 5b.

I say 5b, cause I can't call it a 4b cause it will have a 2b body.

I"M GONNA CREATE A WHOLE NEW MODEL "Charvel 5b"
I'm gonna swap in the Spector pups out of my Kramer just to see the difference. If there is a huge difference, my Kramer will have Jackson pups in it from that point on....

p.s. no, the knobs don't get in the way if you ever really wanted to play a bass flipped ( canned reply ) for all the youtubers who ask...hahahahaha .... unless your one of those people who has to rest your arm on the body of the bass, then you'll be hitting the volume constantly like I do when I play the 1b's because those knobs are in different spots on the bass than the 2,3,4's...I do not use the 1b's for anything important anyway, so they are here for the collection, not really for playing...( that's why I took the maple neck off the red one and put it on the other black 2b ).
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:07 pm

amimbari wrote:
Chowderboots wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything in exchange for it because it's broken.
if it's broke how am I gonna use it ?!?

anyway, my goal with the FrankenCharvel is to drill a hole for a switch like a 3-4b, and call it a 5b.

I say 5b, cause I can't call it a 4b cause it will have a 2b body.

I"M GONNA CREATE A WHOLE NEW MODEL "Charvel 5b"
I'm gonna swap in the Spector pups out of my Kramer just to see the difference. If there is a huge difference, my Kramer will have Jackson pups in it from that point on....

p.s. no, the knobs don't get in the way if you ever really wanted to play a bass flipped ( canned reply ) for all the youtubers who ask...hahahahaha .... unless your one of those people who has to rest your arm on the body of the bass, then you'll be hitting the volume constantly like I do when I play the 1b's because those knobs are in different spots on the bass than the 2,3,4's...I do not use the 1b's for anything important anyway, so they are here for the collection, not really for playing...( that's why I took the maple neck off the red one and put it on the other black 2b ).

Hmm...wanna fix a preamp? Why on earth would you want to when you can get four perfectly good ones just as easily? Good point.

The bass Charvel never made. Cool
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:52 pm

I am gonna toss the lefty neck on the parts bass just to take a pic or 2 and i'll post it in my next post so you would see "your version" affraid
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:49 pm

this thread is going off on such a wild tangent but the answer was already given so...ya Martin...... all you would do is flip the nut so the strings sat at EADG..

since I took the mapleneck off the 1b and tossed it on that black 2b it has sat in the case neckless (until today) so I threw it together and tuned it up Smile

HERE'S MY CHARVEL MODEL 5A AND 5B-Lefty ...I have too much time on my hands sometimes

really trippy both together huh??
I have the chance to buy a 2410? P1010307

kinda like this huh???? geek geek
I have the chance to buy a 2410? Cpic003x-2

you know I now have 2 custom basses affraid bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Hehehe those are awesome, dude! Who has the cajones to do that? hahaha it's wild!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:39 am

balls are not the factor when you have necks that just screw into the existing pockets within 5 minutes Smile
besides if I didn't like it, I can switch back with no damage....

but what I may do is take the lefty neck, flip the nut and make it a permanent part of my black 2b with the kahler.

( then tell Rob it's 100.00 more with the reverse neck ) Twisted Evil

uh....j/k and this is sooooo funny, after I put that pic next to the C/S Jackson on TB, I got 3 PM's asking where I got a non-C/S reversehead, and how much I want to sell it for...

they DO say a pic is worth 1000 words.....
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:11 am

Heh! That's funny...your answer should be: "very carefully and with a little sandpaper" Laughing
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:32 am

well you saw it for the first time and said the same thing..."when you are ready to sell, let me know" just from one pic
and you already knew what I did Smile

but the reverse neck on a righty body with a nut flip is what you would need, but the bitch is to actually find a lefty charvel which is next to non-existent....
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Yeah true dat. I'd love to have a reverse Jacosn headstocked bass. That'd be the ****.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to buy a 2410?   I have the chance to buy a 2410? Empty

Back to top Go down

I have the chance to buy a 2410?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Bass Tremolo Family :: Kahler-
Jump to: