Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crazy idea but might work.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

Crazy idea but might work. Empty
PostSubject: Crazy idea but might work.   Crazy idea but might work. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Did you ever went in a bar(dancing type bar), to have fun, hang on with gals and dance with them? I did when I was in Ontario and the only backside of it was the music. The music was awful remixes and some hip hop. Not my style.

After this night, I talked with my boss about the music that was going on in the bar and asked him if he liked the music and heres the conversation we had.

Me
'' You know, yesterday did you liked the music in the bar?''

Boss
''Hell no, I just go there to try to hook up girls''

Me
'' So, What type of music do you like?''

Boss
'' I love Disco, I remember the good old disco bars when you where really dancing, unlike today. And then when you had founded the right girl the 2 were knowing how it would finish.''

I was rethinking of this conversation I had and then a 1000 Watts light lighted up in my head.

Why not start a new wave of Disco music. Then bands would play in disco bars. People would really dance again. You know a real good world.

Right now, I am listening to RADIO DISCO just to understand all the, let's say ''Discologic'' of music.

So I'll try to find a guitarist a singer and a drummer that want to compose New Disco with me.

I just wanted to share my idea.

So I'll keep you up with this project.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea but might work.   Crazy idea but might work. EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Do it man, that sounds awesome
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea but might work.   Crazy idea but might work. EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:55 am

Hahaha dude that sounds awesome....NWOFCD--New Wave of French-Canadian Disco? afro
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea but might work.   Crazy idea but might work. EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:47 am

from someone who lived thru the disco era.

thats an awesome idea.

disco had become so un - popular and not cool because, in my opinion, the social / political turmoil in this country at the time, the bludgeoning of society by the overplay of the whole thing (we got sick of it ... you couldnt get away from it!), with the overplay theres the whole limit of what kinds of music could become mainstream with the disco holdnig the corner of the market, and then of course is the whole lifestyle that lived in a self destructive world of excess.

it all just needed to go away for a while so rock music could comeback and metal could happen ... and then metal did the same thing; self destruction ... then grunge.

i listen to those old songs nowadays and love it! earth wind and fire were awesome! bit of honey was awesome! blondie was awesome!

even some of the beegees stuff was real cool.

mainstream dance music these days is relatively boreing and mindless.

bring the funk back!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea but might work.   Crazy idea but might work. EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:48 am

I've been listening to a lot of funk lately...so hell yeah that sounds great, man. Cool
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea but might work.   Crazy idea but might work. EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:51 pm

I think that is a great idea, and if done properly, it would really do well! Wink

I also grew up in the original disco era, and I recall not totally embracing it back then since it was counter to the rock I listened to. Let me qualify that a bit. There was a lot of it that I liked, but I couldn't openly admit it back then since it competed with the music I really loved, or at least, so I felt at the time. But now I look back on it, and can freely admit enjoying most of it, partly because it takes me back to the days of youth, but also because a lot of it was really cool. Of course, I was too young to take part in, or even understand the rest of the whole disco culture, so the mad partying and drug excesses of such places like Studio 54 was completely foreign to me. Now that I have more of the story, I don't condone the self-destructive aspect of it, but the music still remains as the high point for me.

I think most of you know that my first favorite group was ABBA, and I still love them to this day. And back then, it was easy to cap on The Village People, but the fact is that YMCA is a great party tune. And while it was completely not cool to listen to the BeeGee's back then, nowadays I can admit to their creativity, and enjoy their music. Saturday Night Fever is still one of my favorite films.

Even as a fervent fan of metal music, I have to admit that disco is an important and relevant event in the evolution of popular music. And today, I really can't hate it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea but might work.   Crazy idea but might work. Empty

Back to top Go down

Crazy idea but might work.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: