Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My attempts at Metal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

My attempts at Metal Empty
PostSubject: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 am

I have been into metal as of late and these are my attempts at it.

Featuring my Varitone basses- EB-0 & Blueshawk. The gritty rhythm guitar in the power chord breaks is the Les Paul Bass. Observe the intro EB-0 With Varitone Pitbull pup single coil mode & the Horn part break Blueshawk
Big D Comes To Tow
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=578947&songID=7941143

Periodic Metals- My daughter was studying the Periodic Table and I had an idea of using the Metals on the chart being transfered to notes via there symbols or their number on the chart. Used the Les Paul & Blueshawk bass

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=578947&songID=7612247

Funny but I try to sound like this or that but always sound the same, which is good or bad depending.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:18 am

Wow, BD! Great tracks! They make me think in terms of something like King Crimson and Frank Zappa crossed with industrial prog metal. And you have a lot of really interesting tone variety going on in both tracks. Bravo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:18 am

Thanks.

I wish I could play as well as a lot of you & the other guys here, but I do what I do and have accepted my technical & physical (Carpel Tunnel) limitations. It sucks getting old!

One thing is for sure, the Kahler is a part of my style and takes me to places I could never go otherwise.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:32 am

nobody here is worried about the "talent level" BD. you do what you do because you want to do it, and that's that. There will never be a contest of who plays what here, and I always appreciate anyone doing ANYTHING..fast/slow/mellow/exotic...it all is great music, and should be displayed to the fullest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Barklessdog wrote:
Thanks.

I wish I could play as well as a lot of you & the other guys here, but I do what I do and have accepted my technical & physical (Carpel Tunnel) limitations. It sucks getting old!

Don't be so hard on yourself man. I think its all great. Technique isn't everything. Just look at Hendrix. Compared to a lot of guitarists, his technique and speed weren't all that incredible. His stuff wasn't all that complex. Almost all his solos are just playing in E minor pentatonic. What made Hendrix great was his expresiveness, and how original and groundbreaking he was. The difference between technique and the other stuff is the difference between Hendrix and Malmsteen. One just shreds, while the other expanded peoples notions of what a guitar could do.

Also, Eric's comment about it being a fusion of Zappa, King Crimson, and industrial prog metal was spot on.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:58 pm

I could not agree more with what Mike and Kugelspot have said, BD. You do what you do extremely well, and it obviously brings you a lot of joy to do so, and that is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Aah Barkless I love the whammy solos in Periodic Metals! All the fuzz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My attempts at Metal   My attempts at Metal Empty

Back to top Go down

My attempts at Metal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Audio and Video :: Audio-
Jump to: