Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Going to Missouri

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Going to Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Going to Missouri   Going to Missouri EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am

Right on folks, I'm heading to Missouri in 4 hours. Be back Friday evening. Time to see my family there for the first time in about 6 years and I'm going to meet my grandfather for the first time. Got my bass in a bag and a fresh stick of Old Spice...gunna need it. Missouri in August is ball soup. Laughing I know I'm going to be hugging the AC.
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

Going to Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Missouri   Going to Missouri EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:37 am

You poor lad, we will say a prayer for you.

tongue Razz
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Going to Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Missouri   Going to Missouri EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Thank you. I'm glad to be back. Seattle is really a great place to live.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Going to Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Missouri   Going to Missouri EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 pm

Wow! I must have missed this one! Glad you are back home safe, Martin! How was your trip?
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Going to Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Missouri   Going to Missouri EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Haha yeah it happened kinda suddenly and not really at a very good time. It was an alright trip. I wound up eating Mexican food almost every day, which helped me feel more at home, but I always feel really pent-up while I'm there. It's hard to keep in good spirits when I'm around people with very closed minds to the way I am and when it's so damn sticky. Oi vei.

At this point, everyone in the tech department at our theatre is leaving. Our Production Manager is a real douchebag and he was looking into firing our Technical Director (for no reason other than possibly jealousy), who is also our IT manager. Needless to say, Our TD caught wind of it and quit before he could be fired. Kaes, our TD, had all the connections and also designed our repertory light plot, so when the rest of the crew heard about our PM's shenanigans, they all left as well. And since Kaes designed the rep plot, he's taking it with him. The next light hang/focus will be fun...

So I came back from MO to being literally the only employee on the Kirkland Performance Center's tech staff. This means that our PM, who was also our ex TD, is going to bring all of his buddies back who don't belong in a theatre. I'm going to be the only electrician left and, for a little while, the only theatre person (the people who will be called in are mostly A/V people, not stagehands) left. I'm going to say that after all this crap, I'm going to be out of there as soon as I can get into the theatre union, which will land me with all kinds of opportunities and work.

Anyways...who would expect drama at a theatre? lol! Thankfully the rest of the tech staff is going to have better places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Going to Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to Missouri   Going to Missouri Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to Missouri
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Introductions and greetings :: Tell us about you!-
Jump to: