HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ok....I'll start (again)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin

PostSubject: Ok....I'll start (again)   Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:46 pm

I started playing bass in July of 1982 at the age of 16. I had been dabbling in guitar for a couple of years prior, but when both a friend of mine and my cousin suggested simultaneously that I try playing bass, I went "great! What's a bass?" Laughing The first time I tried a bass, and felt the walls shake and the windows rattle around me, I was hooked! But I didn't want to give up the things I had learned on guitar, especially having been so heavily influenced by Eddie Van Halen. I still wanted to do the hammer-ons, use distortion, and most of all, use a tremolo bar. So I began to craft my playing so that I could still do all of the freaky guitar things, while at the same time maintain the low-end rhythm anchoring of the bass. The discovery of Kahler Bass Tremolos in March of 1984 was one of the best days of my life, and three months later, I had my first Kahler. So, with a lot of trial-and-error, I got to where I am today as a player. I don't know everything, and I continue to learn new things. My philosophy is that every player, regardless of experience or expertise, has something of value to contribute. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.basstremolofanatics.com

Ok....I'll start (again)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1