Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn Empty
PostSubject: Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn   Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:02 am

My Blueshawk sounds like a trumpet & Trombone french Horn, more than my other basses. I believe it is because of the single coil pickups & Big D varitone.

Using an EH Bass Micro synthesizer, setting a slight bit of Attack delay to the notes & Digitech whammy up one octave for a trumpet no octave for a Trombone. Using the Kahler with these gives you that trumpet "vibrato" that can only be done with a Kahler.

Example-Horn Toads

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=578947&songID=6822742
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn   Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 pm

WOW!!! Was that done only with your bass? That sounded awesome! It reminded me of Keith Emerson at times. Great tune, BD!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn   Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:09 am

Thanks, the song only used the Blueshawk bass. It just sounded like horns right off the bat with the Kahler and attack delay.

Funny but at first I did not like the bass, because I discovered I do not like the thin sound of single coil pickups for regular bass parts. What What I discovered is the bass shines when used with effects. It reminds me of a telecaster or Stratacaster. The thin clean sound works great for higher parts.

I have been pretty much just using my Les Paul for bass & thick heavy chord parts and the Blueshawk for lead, horn & Twangy roles.

The Kahler & Digitech Whammy has opened a whole new world of fun for me.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn   Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah, man, I can tell! It does sound very twang-y....I like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
BoboMcNipples

BoboMcNipples

PostSubject: Re: Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn   Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:30 pm

nice. i want a whammy pedal now lol
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn   Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:38 am

Here is another song that uses the trumpet effect-

Black Mokona- The rythem guitar & bass are my active Skyline Decade- the trumpet is the Blueshawk.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=578947&songID=7203437
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn   Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn Empty

Back to top Go down

Trumpet , Trombone & French Horn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Tips, tricks, and techniques :: Tricks and techniques-
Jump to: