Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweep!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Bruins swept the Canadiens in the NHL playoffs! Next! cheers
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:34 am

I know, but it was predictable. The bruins areTHE team this year and the montreal Canadians have the less percentage of Quebecer this year in the team. I hate to say but we must stop the invasion of other languages.

Did you know that we had a privilege too chose Ffrench Canadian before all the other teams! (IIRC) And in that times we were in the best team of America.

Dang, i want the Nordique back.
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:45 am

I just hope that in the future our national anthem can be respected. The Nordiques were good, they won the Cup 1 or 2 seasons after becoming the Avalanche. That had to hurt! tongue
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 am

All of that went right over my head Laughing

I like hockey, but I could never make head or tail of it... What a Face
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:03 pm

I have to admit that the Bruins are the team to beat, but I am still hopeful that the Sharks will get back on track somehow. Losing the first two games to the Ducks hasn't given me a lot of hope, but they did look much better when they won in Game 3. Still, they aren't nearly as healthy as they were during the regular season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Tonight is the Sharks chance... they lose this one it's going to be pretty difficult to win three straight.
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:03 am

Wow, I'm surprised to see the Sharks gone! The same thing happened to Boston a few years ago when they had the #1 seed. Montreal handed them their a___es in the first round.

Two game 7's in the east tonight then it's on to round 2!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Yeah, I'm not too happy with the outcome, but I'm also not all that surprised. The fact is that the Sharks were healthier during the beginning of the regular season, and they struggled as time went on. Their defense alone was indicative of how things would turn out, as Nabby had to field a lot of shots that should have never made it through to him. So the back of my head, I knew that they probably weren't strong enough to defeat the Ducks. But it was one helluva year! The # 1 record for the season, both in their division and in the entire NHL, as well as the President's Trophy. Ok, so they didn't get to the final victory, but it was still a really great year! cheers

Now...of course...the darker side of me hopes that Detroit knocks out Anaheim! Laughing

Well, best of luck to you and your Bruins, Jeff! I think they have an extremely good shot at taking the Stanley Cup this year!
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:30 am

EricHaven wrote:
But it was one helluva year! The # 1 record for the season, both in their division and in the entire NHL, as well as the President's Trophy. Ok, so they didn't get to the final victory, but it was still a really great year! cheers

At this point the Sharks probably aren't even thinking about that. Back when the Patriots went undefeated then lost in the Superbowl the team was very sour. The 16-0 regular season meant nothing to them and that's never been done before!

Detroit used to have some killer seasons only to get knocked out in the first round. After a few years of this Scotty Bowman decided to pace his team and only play well enough to make the playoffs. They've won the Cup twice since then.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:28 am

You're right Jeff. They probably aren't thinking of any of that, but they should still be proud for their efforts. Cool
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Awww, Dude! Neutral

My condolences. I really thought the Bruins would take the Cup this year.

But I am reconciled in that Anaheim got knocked out! That's what they get for taking out my Sharks! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:25 am

I thought they would at least make it to the finals, but last night they didn't put in a good 60 minutes. That'll cost a team and it did... Sad

Go Pitt!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:01 am

Mo Beach wrote:
I thought they would at least make it to the finals, but last night they didn't put in a good 60 minutes. That'll cost a team and it did... Sad

Go Pitt!

uh, ya I'll let you guys have fun with your teams, but as for the Pitts Penguins ( as mobeach said )

go PITT flower
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Sponsored content

Sweep! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweep!   Sweep! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweep!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: General sillyness-
Jump to: