Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Meshica7

Meshica7

UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Got this in the mail yesterday...2416R-W6 6 String Bass Trem..Hybrid Series. Now at Guitar Factory in Orlando for install on my SoundGear SR 506 which will be tuned EADGCF with SIT Rock Brights Stainless Steel Round Wounds.
Big shout out to the good folks at Kahler for all their help...those folks are top shelf.
Any fellow 6 string Tremors out there?

UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem 19598498_10154976377084794_8489026304979403080_n

Last edited by Meshica7 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Meshica7

Meshica7

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 5:53 am

I finally got my SoundGear SR 506 back with its newly installed Kahler!!! The amazing Doug Montgomery and Bill Fells at The Guitar Factory in Orlando did a top notch job. They had to employ some luthier wizardry to acct for the body's concave contours and electronic guts,but the knocked it out of the park. I got to try it out last night at an open mic with my band,Jupiter Groove,and I ended up using it for the entire set. Some tweaking to do, nothing major though  will post pics soonUPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem Img_2011
UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem Img_2012
UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem Img_2010
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 10:58 am

A real beauty, Juan! The Kahler adds a lot of aesthetics to the bass!
Back to top Go down
Meshica7

Meshica7

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 2:51 pm

And a lot of weight!!! Whew!!!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Meshica7 wrote:
And a lot of weight!!! Whew!!!

Indeed! I think it's been one of the highlights of the Kahler, since the bridge is so high-mass. I have heard others compare it to something like an old Leo Quan Badass bridge in terms of weight. I believe this adds to the sustain component, which is important with a trem, since the springs tend to deaden extra sustain. Honestly, all of my basses with Kahlers have always had incredible sustain. So, a little extra weight works for me. Wink
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 4:24 am

The increase in sustain with kahler trems has always been significant to me.

High mass indeed!!!
Back to top Go down
Meshica7

Meshica7

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 4:43 pm

The only thing I was surprised by was how much the tone of the bass changed..and not necessarily for the better. Yes, there's a ton of sustain, but the amount of routing this size Kahler required left a sizable cavity in the bass..makes it almost sound like a thin acoustic bass. The bass had a thin profile already (as do most Sound Gears) and losing that amount of wood did a number on it. Something I need to get used to for sure. On the upshot, after tweaking the tension on the springs and getting the action where I like it I can really get some great effects with this beast. I especially love how sensitive the Kahler is, almost too sensitive at times. But with that in mind I do tend to not get bar crazy with it. I rather like the subtle articulation I can coax from this baby, especially on the C string's upper register. She's a head turner for sure.

Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 8:30 pm

And thus, the trade-off. OK, not in every case, but it can happen. The amount of wood needed to be removed can (and often does) change the tone of the bass in question. Personally, I haven't found this to be too much of an issue, and any changes I found could be adjusted with amp EQing. I do hope that you can work with the change in tone, Brutha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem   UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: It's here!!! My newly installed Kahler 6 string bass trem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: New Toys!-
Jump to: