Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Strings Do Everyone Use?

Go down 
+11
tekkentool
amimbari
T. Gunn
Yvarg
Dos
Darkstrike
EricHaven
madmike
Mo Beach
Chowderboots
Kugelspot
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 am

tekkentool wrote:
amimbari wrote:
EricHaven wrote:
One of these days, I think I will keep a small army of basses, all strung and tuned differently.
that's the spirit Smile
i'm so proud, :')
I'm so humble, I would like to remind you tekk that Eric has a little catching up to do to get a dozen Yahama basses he wants in his house. 2 of each tuned to EADG/DGCF/DADG/CGCF, and BEAD Smile

I tried to get Eric to buy his dream Yamaha bass last year when it was available, but you know how it goes...the "toy" says buy me, and the wallet says "with what money?"....
it just happened to me this week. I JUST bought that Jackson and that junk series10, and a day later a nice BCR LEFTY came up on ebay staring me in the face saying:

"haha you cant have me"

this reminds me of the good old days when fancy cars and hot women used to do the same thing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I don't think I will ever have that many different tuning combinations! Laughing

And yes, the Buy It Now urge was willing, but the wallet was weak. Lucky for me those great Yamahas, be them the newer models or the the older used versions, are readily available.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
SPYD3R #9

SPYD3R #9

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:02 pm

sorry to bump an old thread, I recently change my bass string from early December
the strings that I put on my kahlered bass was a super light 0.35 gauge Hard Rockin Steels from LaBella
the tension is so light and bend easily.. dunno about the durability yet since I will abuse it with tremolo  tongue 
I strung my fender with halfrounds, it feels like flatwound but had a flexibility like roundwound, kinda like it
the dean markley still my fave strings

What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 Mtf_DUgGx_816_zpsrmujxk33
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Figure I'II post as well as long as its bumped.
I use D'Addario Pro Steels.
I used to use Rotosounds but I find that the Prosteels sound better for longer when they are worn in.
When I used Rotosounds it felt like I was going from new to dead sounding strings too fast.
Back to top Go down
RBS_Johnson

RBS_Johnson

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:58 pm

I don`t have a favorite string set yet, but I can tell you what I will not be using.  Got some Ernie Ball Stainless Steel strings for one of my main basses, liked them ok for awhile.  Once they were`t new anymore I didn`t like them much at all.  I`m still using them until  I get other strings, but these will not be going back on my basses.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Sheesh! This WAS an old-thread bump of epic proportions! The last entry before the bump was almost four years ago! Have I really had this board up for that long???  scratch

I'm still partial to Roto's. Cool  
Back to top Go down
Meshica7

Meshica7

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 am

For the longest time I exclusively used Rotosound Swing Bass and Funk Masters. I had a brief excursion into Dean Markley Blue Steels (I was part of the test group in the early 90's). But for the last 4 yrs I've been using S.I.T Strings. I had Tweeted about using their Power Steels on my 12 string bass and the desire for a super light gauge. Tim Pfouts (pres of S.I.T.) contacted me about putting together a custom set. His team did just that and I was blown away by both their product and customer service. Since then my band has gotten an endorsement deal with S.I.T. and I have been using their Rock Bright Stainless Steels on all my basses. Tim and his team have provided invaluable help whenever I have questions regarding the best strings for any one of my basses.
I recently contacted Tim concerning a custom set for my Ibanez SR506 which I want to tune EADGCF in a super light gauge starting at a wrapped .020 F down to a .090 E. His team immediately got to it.
Now..on to the strings themselves...
Stay In Tune String do exactly just that..stay in tune. And they do it well. My Rock Bright Stainless Steels are bright, punchy, have singing harmonics and an aggressive growl. I have 5 Jazz Basses and that wonderful 1970's bark and bite that I love is handled without exception by my SITs. They have a defined tone and impressive sustain. On my fretless Jazz they have just the right amount of distinction in the mwah factor and really sustain when articulated. They feel great on the fingers.
I am still awaiting my SoundGear's return with it's new Kahler Trem. I will post a review as to both the Kahler and the strings' performance. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm

We've had similar experiences, Juan! Wink

I have also used Blue Steels, as well as SIT strings. My one and only complaint (and again, this goes back to mo own personal experience) is that neither had the brightness longevity of Roto's. Both seemed to lose top end much sooner. Now, it has been a while since I used either one, so maybe I need to revisit them again, especially the SIT's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Strings Do Everyone Use?   What Strings Do Everyone Use? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Strings Do Everyone Use?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Pickups, Amps, Strings & Things! :: Strings-
Jump to: