Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny Crab

Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID? Empty
PostSubject: Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID?   Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Got a white body Ovation UB1-K with "trem" and the plan was to swap the neck off a black one here BUT the white body did not appear to have a Kahler trem(or ???). The black one here is NOT the one currently on eBay and was much less than that seller is asking(I told him but he didn't listen).

Pics are attached of unmolested UB1-K with Kahler on the black one and then the no-name one that came in the white UBK body. Route in the white body is factory and screw holes were also. Any help ID-ing this thing and whether or not it is useful(kaint bend up like I do on a regular Kahler). THANKS and have a safe & Happy New Year!

Kahler
Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID? UBK1_KahlerFxd_zps559398fe

Unknown trem
Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID? WhtOvTremFaceFxd_zps3d81c61a

Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID? WhtOvTremBottomFxd_zpsc4437da6
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID?   Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:57 am

thats a neato trem. never seen one before.

i think the pull up problem your having is with the set screw. the kahler the set screw is on the cam and the weight of the string tension shud be on the springs. this things set screw effects the spring mount.

not using or holding the thing in my hands i cant tell the physics or mechanics of this thing. it may be designed as a stop like the kahler eric modified and isnt intended to be used this way.

see if you can tune into with the string tension stretching the springs out a bit. it shud be a balancing act. if your springs are stretched a bit then you should have the travel to pull the bar up a bit before your springs bottom out.
Back to top Go down

Ovation body but not a Kahler trem, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over....help ID?
Page 1 of 1