Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mystery Trem with fine tuners

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander

Alexander

Mystery Trem with fine tuners Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Found this on ebay.
I took a look though here and couldn't find this one, maybe someone knows what it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tremolo-4-String-Bass-Bridge-w-Brass-Rollers-Fine-Tuning-RARE-/221396233757?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item338c3e6e1d#viTabs_0

Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster10
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster11
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster12
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster13
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster14
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster15
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster16
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Myster17

Description from the seller

"Unstamped and unmarked.  I've never seen a 4 string bass tremolo bridge before and this one is in great condition.  Has a metal base that mounts to the guitar and two indents which much sit within another part of the bridge (not included) to complete the tremolo function of this bridge (i.e. pivoting bridge).  3 of the 4 fine tuning screws are there.  Has 4 hex screws to adjust the distance of each string saddle.  4 brass string rollers for the use with the Tremolo system.  Nice overall condition, not sure if this is from the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s.  I am guessing older.  I assume it is a chrome finish and not nickel based on the sheen but I could be wrong.  If you know what bass guitar this belongs to, feel free to share that information and I will update this posting."
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Shocked 

Now....THAT....is TRIPPY!

Over the years, I have seen a very rare handful of strange bass trems that appears to be one-offs. It makes me wonder just how well they worked/work. I do know that the fine tuners are an issue, due to the massive tension of bass strings. So, part of me is wanting to try and grab this....yet experience quickly quells my enthusiasm. I've pulled the trigger on a couple of custom units that turned out to be train-wrecks.

We are still wanting to perfect our Kahler mods, but time has been a major issue.

Still, this IS an interesting piece! Great find, Al!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Hans

Hans

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:27 am

Hi !!
I am pretty sure that is an Ibanez guitarbridge...it is missing its frame.
Back to top Go down
Hans

Hans

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 am

Here it is
Mystery Trem with fine tuners Ibanez11
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 am

Wow good eye Hans!
Good thing you didn't pick this up Eric haha!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:20 am

ACK! No kidding, Al! Thanks, Hans!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
SPYD3R #9

SPYD3R #9

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:00 pm

saddle to saddle spacing looks narrow
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:19 pm

those uuuuh rollers look like uuuuh kahler to me. so do the manifolds ... minus the screw in fine tuner doo dad part.

it does look like a bad experiment gone wrong.

that ibanez bridge looks nothing like it. sorry. it may be ibanez but it aint that.
Back to top Go down
Hans

Hans

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:07 am

You are absolutely right,Mike !! But i did some further research and found that that bridge is called Accutune.
https://www.google.no/search?q=accutune+bridge&biw=1440&bih=775&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIk9SCvL7pxwIVRGQsCh0Wiwos

Hans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Trem with fine tuners   Mystery Trem with fine tuners Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery Trem with fine tuners
Page 1 of 1